The Lough Boora Parklands is both interesting and exciting. The 2000 hectare site now consists of: Natural recolonisation; Wetlands; Fishing lakes - Four freshwater fisheries for coarse and fly fishing: 50kmof walkways ranging in length from a short stroll to 5km, ideal for a quiet walk or to take a closer look at the flora and fauna and deciduous and coniferous pastureland. Over 130 species of bird can be seen from hides located throughout the complex.
Leabeg, Tullamore, Co.Offaly
- Fishing Lakes
- Freshwater Fisheries for coarse and Fly Fishing
- Lough Boora Parkland Walks
- Special facilities for anglers with disabilities
- Model Aeroplane Club and Rifle Range
In This Area
- Slieve Bloom environmental Park
- Birr Castle
- Tullamore Dew Heritage Centre
- Grand Canal and the "Offaly Way"
- Slieve Bloom